Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, set to open in 2010, is the world’s first Ferrari theme park and largest attraction of its kind. It will be an intense multi-sensory experience and a must-visit for enthusiasts, fans and families. The Park pays tribute to the passion, excellence, performance, technical innovation that Ferrari has established over the years and represents today. Its iconic sleek red roof is directly inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body, spanning 200,000 m2 and carrying the largest Ferrari logo ever created.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will host a number of attractions, including rides for children of all ages, providing the complete Ferrari experience: over 20 state-of-the-art attractions, each designed to bring to life a different part of the Ferrari story, including the world’s fastest rollercoaster, travelling at speeds exceeding 200 km/h and emulating the thrilling sensation of being in a Ferrari F1 car, or the G-force experience taking passengers on an adrenaline-pumping ride up over 62 m, through the roof and back down again.
The Park is located on Yas Island - set to become a global tourist destination with a wide range of accommodation and entertainment facilities - on the North East side of Abu Dhabi’s mainland. Abu Dhabi, at the crossroads between Europe, Asia and Africa, was chosen as the ideal location to build the Ferrari theme park, motor sports being extremely popular in the United Arab Emirates. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will offer a unique and intensely fun way, together with a wide variety of Italian delicaciesand of course unique shopping experiences.
The Park is owned by Aldar Properties PJSC, Abu Dhabi’s leading property development, management and investment company. Farah Leisure Parks Management L.L.C, a joint venture between Aldar Properties PJSC and ProFun Management Group Inc. (international leisure facilities management and operating company) will be responsible for managing and operating Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. Ferrari’s key principles of excellence and performance in the context of technological innovation will underpin every aspect of the project.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi Key information
- World’s first Ferrari theme park
- World’s largest indoor park
- Opening in 2010
- Owned by Aldar Properties PJSC
- Managed by Farah Leisure Parks Management L.L.C, a joint venture between Aldar Properties PJSC and ProFun Management Group Inc.
- Located on Yas Island on the North East side of Abu Dhabi’s mainland
- Yas Island is a 10-minute drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport, 30 minutes from the city of Abu Dhabi, and 50 minutes from Dubai
- Adjacent to the Yas Marina Circuit, hosting the inaugural 2009 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Designed by globally renown architectural firm Benoy
- Building height is 45m (147.6 ft), with a roof edge circumference of 2,200 m (7217.8 ft)
- Enclosed space (area accessible to the general public) is 100,000 m2 (1,076,391 sq ft)
- Over 35,000 tonnes of steel have been used to reinforce the structure
- Landscaped area around the main building is 450,000 m2 (4,843,759 sq ft)
- Design inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body
- Made from metal and glass designed to reduce glare and heat
- Total surface area is 200,000 m2 (2,152,782 sq ft)
- The Ferrari logo is 65m x 48.5m, the largest Ferrari logo ever created
- Highest point is 48m, with a total of 6,900 meters of roof guttering
- Designed by one of the world’s most prominent design firms Jack Rouse Associates
- Over 20 state-of-the-art rides and attractions.
- The world’s fastest roller coaster emulating the feeling of being in an F1 car
- G-force experience taking passengers on an adrenaline-pumping ride up over 62m, through the roof and back down again
- State-of-the-art racing simulators using a similar system as those used by the Ferrari racing team
- Flume ride journey through the heart of a Ferrari 599 engine
- Driving and Racing school for junior drivers, with expert training
- Aerial voyage over Italy following a Ferrari
- A broad range of dining, quick service and beverage locations offering Italian inspired delicacies as well as a variety of international dishes.
- Highlights include:
- Two restaurants inspired by the real Maranello food experience
- A true Italian ambiance of a traditional delicatessen, including:
- Customized fresh pasta and pizza made-to-order
- An array of international dishes to satisfy all tastes
- Visitors can expect a retail experience that celebrates Ferrari’s rich heritage in a way never seen before.
- 825 m2 store celebrating Ferrari’s rich history with vintage and contemporary racing memorabilia
- Souvenir photo opportunities for capturing the thrill of the moment
- “Interactive Corners” where children can customize their own park souvenirs
- 1300 m2 flagship store offering Ferrari and special Ferrari World Abu Dhabi items