In essence, the Super Street Tour-despite what you think-has never really been about us, the staff, although it always seemed to be a big celebration about our self-serving ways. Really though, the Tour has, is and always will be about you and for you, our beloved readers. The Tour is our way of giving you a unique opportunity to meet like-minded individuals who share a love for modifying cars so that we can take to the highways together on a journey to one of the country's biggest outdoor car shows. As a post-game ritual, you'd find our own written memoirs describing the debauchery only we could serve best. This year, we've decided to let you tell the story-it was your hard earned money spent to travel thousands of miles to party with the greatest family of all time, and we thank you for your undying support. Without further ado, we pass the mic on to: you!
Here's what we wanted to know:
1How many years have you been going on the Super Street Tour?
2 Why do you go on the Tour?
3 What do you like best about going on the Tour?
4 Anything funny or interesting happen to you on this particular tour?
5 Anything else you want to say? Shoutouts?
* I've been going on The tour since 1999. My friend and I rented a Ford Mustang to make the Tour that year. Rich Chang mentioned us in the mag. Unfortunately, some of their equipment had been stolen, so there were no pictures.
* I/we go on the Tour because it's great to roll with a bunch of like-minded individuals. There's nothing more sick than the sight of a bunch of modified cars riding together on the road.
* I like the drive and it's a good chance to meet cool people. The hotties are a definite bonus, but I'm there for the cars.
* The funniest thing would be getting my Hamann rims put on at the last minute and then taking off to North Carolina for the start of the Tour. I didn't arrive until 5 or 6 a.m. I was so excited to be there that I couldn't sleep. I got out of bed at 8 a.m. and ran down to the nearest car wash to get the bug splatter off, and came back to the hotel to start the North leg.
* I don't know if my words will reach the mag. I would like to shout out my friends from Team Aggressive in Queens, NY. One member lost his job and had to sell his WRX. He was originally going to ride in the BMW, but backed out because of a last-minute job call. Another member crashed his 3000GT. He didn't want to come on the tour with only two people, so he backed out. The third member is building his Silvia from the ground up. He was working crazy hours and couldn't make it. It was my debut in the UN4GIV3N BMW, so I was DETERMINED to go. I was pretty upset that my friends didn't come out to support me. My girlfriend flew from a Florida business trip to Atlanta to show me support though. That was VERY cool. I would like to give a big I LOVE YOU shout to Shellee. I would also like to give a big SHOUT to Super Street for throwing the cool Tour. I would also like to give a shout to the Newburgh area Civic driver and his people. We didn't get a chance to exchange info. My last shout goes to Dre and Chris. Dre had the Black 7-series BMW on the tour. Lucky SOB even placed 2nd in his class at NOPI. Congratulations man.
Wanna share your Tour story? Log onto www.superstreetonline.com and post in our forum!
Special Thanks To:
Spec Clutch www.specclutch.com
HD Designs www.hd-inc.com