This year Castrol Syntec is coming back to bring you another challenge. Rather than just building a high-horsepower engine, this time around cars will be tested in every aspect. From emissions to track times, the entered cars will go through several well-rounded tests. Tests will include:
* Lap Times: Teams compete for the single fastest lap time during a 20-minute session on the road course.
* 1/4 Mile Time: Cars compete for quickest ending times, best of 3 runs.
* 1/4 Trap Speed: Cars compete for fastest trap speed, best of 3 runs.
* Horsepower: Using a dyno, cars will be tested to find who has the highest peak horsepower. Teams will be limited to 3 runs.
* Power-to-Weight: Cars will be weighed at the dyno to calculate who has the best ratio.
* Emissions: Vehicles will be tested with a 5 gas automobile emissions analyzer.
* Acceleration: 0-60mph using a radar gun.
* Braking: 80-0mph using a radar gun.
* Endurance: Cars will have to test out their endurance in brutal Los Angeles traffic by driving to the track in the middle of rush- hour traffic.
* Vehicle Cost: Scores will be based on the current used car value.
Super Street will go up against our Source Interlink siblings: Import Tuner, Modified, eurotuner, Honda Tuning, Lowrider and 5.0 Mustang. Each magazine will be picking one car from its own reader base. Yes, that means your car could be the one we choose to represent us in all the tests!
For more information on the challenge and possibly get your car in, check out the site. You could win $10,000 so everyone should try it.