2018 FF BATTLE DETAILS
Date: Wednesday, August 29th, 2018
Location: Streets of Willow Springs, WSIR, 3500 75th St. W, Rosamond, CA
Vehicle Type: Front-wheel-drive (FWD), front engine, open to all makes and models
Format: Fastest lap time wins
Enter Here: firstname.lastname@example.org (type “2018 SS FF Battle” in Subject line; include year/make/model, specs and include images)
Entry Cutoff Date: August 10th, 2018, 12pm PST
A decade in the making, Super Street's FF Battle 10 is sure to be our most competitive and action-packed yet! Open to all front-engine, front-wheel drive vehicles, the format is time attack and the rules (listed below) promise to keep the playing field level whether you're a novice just getting used to the track or an experienced driver with plenty of laps under your belt.
We are not looking for full-blown race cars! Please keep in mind that we're in search of real world builds that are registered and fully functional for street duty.
Relying on a 2-tier system that offers a run group for those who are newer to track events, as well as a separate group that carries more experience, FF Battle 10 caters to all enthusiasts. And though we've seen a Honda-heavy line up in previous years, the event is open to everyone and in 2017, not only did we see a few non-Honda entries, but a Fiat 500 Abarth earned a first place finish in the street class! Want to shake things up for 2018? Then register now at email@example.com and don't forget to include your year, make, model, list of modifications and a picture or two. This is a space-limited event so it will fill up quickly and once it does, you're out of luck, so don't wait, register today!
Coverage? Yeah, there will be plenty via the Super Street network social media channels, website and print, as well as a complete event video recap that will appear not only on Super Street's network but also Motor Trend's YouTube channel.
Rules and guidelines
1. All competing cars must be front-engine, front-wheel drive, and based on the original drivetrain and chassis - no conversions or "one-off" builds.
2. All competing cars must comply with the FF Battle guideline. No exceptions.
3. Vehicles must be mass production road going vehicles, constructed by a recognized manufacturer, and currently/previously available as a factory OEM road going passenger vehicle with a government mandated VIN# or equivalent.
4. Vehicles will be subject to a class and safety tech inspection before the start of the event. Classing may be tentative upon the approval of the class and safety inspector.
5. Each car is limited to one driver and one class. Registered drivers must sign the waiver forms during check-in before entering the track. You may not change drivers during the event.
1. Any use of a fixed-back (bucket) seat must have a 5 or 6 point harness with the use of a harness bar or bolt-on/weld-on roll bar. Stock 3 points seat belts are only allowed for OEM/reclinable seats. No 4-points allowed.
2. No loose items or parts allowed while on track. Battery must be securely mounted and the positive battery post must be insulated. If the battery is a wet cell or spill type battery it must be mounted in a spill proof container.
3. Helmets must be rated SA2010+ or better.
4. Four point (or more) roll bars are highly recommended.
5. Brake lights must be operational in both class.
6. All cars must have a front and rear tow hooks.
7. Nitrous Oxide is not allowed.
1. Cars must be driven by the registered owner. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Engine and transmissions swaps are allowed to the original manufacturer of the vehicle. Modifications are allowed.
3. OEM Glass is required in all positions. Front door windows must be in full down position while on track.
4. Headlights, taillights, and mirrors must be installed and in working condition.
5. Modifications to OEM suspension pick up points are not permitted.
6. Only unleaded gasoline are permitted. No ethanol, E-85, or exotic mixed fuels allowed.
7. Stock front interior must be present: front carpet, front door panels, dashboard, center console, and HVAC system. Rear interior may be removed or modified for installation purposes of safety equipment(s).
8. Aero is restricted to single element components. Dual element wings are not allowed.
9. Exterior panels must be present and secured at all times.
10. Tires are limited to 200(+) treadwear only. 265 size limit.
1. Cars may be driven by the registered owner or a guest driver.
2. Engine and transmission swaps/modifications are unrestricted. Force induction is allowed.
3. Competing vehicle must strictly comply with the safety rules.
4. Front windshield glass/lexan is required. Front door glass may be removed.
5. Aero modification is unrestricted.
6. Exterior panels must be present and secured at all times.
7. Tires are limited to 100(+) treadwear only. No tire size limit.