1997 Acura Integra Type-R
Driver: Lou Carricato
Turf: Mahopac, N.Y.
How I Spent The $$$: OEM JDM ITR front end, JDM steering wheel, JDM foglight switch, JDM centercaps, JDM shift boot, port and polished head, Hondata S300, Comptech header, Mugen intake
We Like: In a world of stickers and radical paint, you gotta love a clean OE JDM ITR.
1990 CRX HF
Driver: Alan Pineda
Turf: Walla Walla, Wash.
How I Spent The $$$: '99 B18B motor, '93 GSR cable transmission polished, Place Racing Mounts, ACT 6 puck clutch kit, OBD-I P75 ECU, Neptune engine management 12psi, Precision 780cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, STR polished fuel rail, B&M fuel pressure regulator, Precision SC34 turbo, HKS SSQ BOV, TiAL wastegate, TurboXS boost controller, aluminum EG race radiator, 8x3.5x30 intercooler, custom stainless steel dumptube, 3-inch stainless steel downpipe, 3-inch T1 stainless steel exhaust system, stainless steel/aluminum custom charge piping, '91 CRX Si complete interior, GReddy electronic boost gauge, GReddy full auto turbo timer, ETD traction bar, Integra front brakes, Brembo S/D rotors, '91 CRX Si rear disk brakes, stainless steel-braided brake lines, KYB AGX shocks, DZ coilovers, VIS carbon-fiber hood, EDM headlights with motors, EDM front bumper, EDM front lip, EDM taillights with foglight, 8000K HID kit, Konig GTR 16x7 wheels +38
We Like: What's not to like? CRXs don't come this clean anymore.
Driver: Jake Glass
Turf: Chesterfield, Va
How I Spent The $$$: F20B EURO-R with wire tuck, AEM cold air intake, Megan Racing 4-2-1 header, GReddy EVO II Cat-Back exhaust, high flow Cat, tuned with VAFC-2, NGK plugs and MSD wires, XTD Stage 2 clutch, flywheel and pressure plate, Autometer Cobalt air/fuel ratio gauge, '92-'96 stock Prelude wheels powdercoated black with a red lip, Tokico suspension
We Like: Uniqueness. How many of you guys are reppin' Preludes with F20Bs?
Driver: Sensei Logan
Turf: Walla Walla, Wash.
How I Spent The $$$: B18C1 block with Type-R port and polished head from Endyn, Endyn cams and valves, titanium retainers, valve springs, brass valve guides with ARP head studs, King Motorsports headgasket, Hytech Type-R header and twin loop exhaust, Endyn ported Type-R intake manifold and Edelbrock 65mm throttle body, Comp Stage 2 clutch and flywheel, Pioneer head unit and JL 500/1 amp and W6 sub
We Like: The way the red wheels contrast against the swooping gray body panels.
2006 Civic SI
Driver: Ryan Getman
Turf: Walla Walla, Wash.
How I Spent The $$$: Comptech SC, Injen CAI, GReddy EVO II, Hondata IMG, Neuspeed SS, 17x8 bronze Mugen MF10s wrapped in 225/45 Potenza SO3s with black cone centercaps, 17x7.5 bronze Volk TE37s wrapped in 225/45 Neo Gens with color-matched flat centercaps, 17x7.5 mag blue Volk TE37s ordered with color-matched flat centercaps, 16x6.5 '04 Type-S wheels wrapped in Blizzaks, Megan Racing coilovers, SPC/Comptech rear camber arms, Progress rear sway bar, black Rays lugs, Red rays lugs, custom lights retro, TSX projectors/S2K shrouds/smoked turn signals, Luminics JDM, yellow DRLs/Highs, 20 percent tint all around, Lamin-X smoked tails, Euro Type-R knob, Pioneer Avic D3 navi system, wrinkle black Si door sills, black suede shift boot with red stitching, AEM UEGO and Tru-Boost gauges, AJP gauge holder, JDM elephant bobblehead
We Like: The sweet Bridgestone Blizzaks on Type-S wheels.
Driver: Ryan Evangelisto
Turf: Pittsfield, Mass.
How I Spent The $$$: B18B, ITR intake manifold, Hondata intake manifold gasket, Ingalls torque damper, Motor Mount bushings, A'PEXi World Sport II Cat-Back, GSR blades powdercoated white, Skunk2 full coilovers, OEM front and rear lips, Password:JDM foglights, OEM Si grille, OEM red "H" badge, custom leather seats, Password:JDM carbon-fiber intake, Mugen fan switch, Mugen thermostat, Mugen radiator cap
We Like: Monochrome meets OE accessories. Dig it.
1993 Acura Integra
Driver: Aaron De Cuir
Turf: Sierra Vista, Ariz.
How I Spent The $$$: RS-R Cat-Back exhaust, Password:JDM rear strut bar (modified from DC2), carbon-fiber C-pillar bar, Cusco front strut tower bar, Tanabe "grip feel" springs, Type-R shift knob and boot, yellow foglights, Type-R badges and the rest is top secret...
Shouts: I want to thank my dad for teaching me everything about life (in ways he probably doesn't even realize) and give props to anyone else who has a DA without a body kit on it.
We Like: The black mirrors and the black steel wheels, straight up.
Send us your pride and joy and if you stroke our ego enough, we just might feature your ride!
Basic Rules For The Photography Impaired
* Wait until late afternoon/dusk/sundown (or very early morning) to shoot your car.
* Find a plain background (a clean wall behind your local supermarket or school, for example) and park about 20 feet away to create some depth. Make sure there are no trees, light/telephone poles or other distractions in the shot. Also, avoid parking on grass, dirt or in a parking lot with painted stall lines.
* Make sure the sun is behind you.
* Look in your camera's viewfinder and make sure your shadow isn't in the frame. Leave some room at the edges of the frame. (don't zoom in super tight on the car).
* Digital photos need to be minimum of 300dpi and about 4x4 inches. Your best bet is to shoot on your camera's highest resolution setting.
* For best results, use a tripod. If your camera allows manual shutter settings, try shots at 1/60; 1/40; 1/30-seconds, with and without flash.
* Send digital images to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header: "grassroots." Send no more than 2-3 images and keep image sizes to 1mb.
* Please send prints via snail mail to: honda tuning, attn: grassroots; 2400 east katella ave. Suite 1100, anaheim, ca 92806