Digital artists, mount up. Konig Wheels is going to give one of you the chance to score a free set of wheels, but only after they put your Photoshop skills to the test. Log on to www.konigwheels.com/fantasy-photo-challenge where you'll be able to download five of Konig's wheels from three different angles. Take a photo of your car from either a front 3/4 or side profile angle (see examples below) and 'shop these wheels on, style it and make it look hot. The winner not only gets a set of wheels, but your photo will be published in an upcoming issue of Super Street. When you're done playing Takashi Murakami, send the pictures directly to Konig (see details below), NOT us. They'll be collecting submissions until September 21, 2008, so there's not a lot of time to act! But free wheels are a good motivator, yeah?Source:www.konigwheels.com/fantasy-photo-challenge
1. No purchase, online entry or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
2. Eligibility: contest open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of 7/1/08. Void where prohibited. Employees of sponsors and administrator, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, divisions, dealers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and such persons' household, and immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are not eligible to enter contest.
3. Timing: contest opens for entries at 12:01am Pacific time (pt) on 7/1/08 and closes for entries at 11:59pm (pt) on 9/21/08.
4. How to enter: entry by mail: supply your address, telephone number, age and email address (if available); and supply us with your entry for the Challenge above. Mail your entry to: Fantasy Photo Challenge, KONIG Wheels. 121 Express St. Plainview, NY. 11803. Mailed entries must be postmarked by 9/21/08 and received by 9/22/08. Materials submitted become the sole property of the sponsors/administrator and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry, entrant warrants and represents that entry is unpublished, truthful in all respects, does not violate any law, or regulation, and does not infringe or violate any third party rights, including but not limited to the rights of copyright, trademark, privacy and publicity. See rule 6 for judging criterion. Entries will also be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the dates noted above and following the guidelines mentioned above. In the Subject you must put "FANTASY PHOTO CHALLENGE"
5. Prize: prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. In the event that a prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, sponsors/administrator will award a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, State, and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prize are the sole responsibility of winner.
6. Judging: the staff of KONIG Importers will judge eligible entries Inc. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling said requirement in these rules.
7. Notification: on or about 10/02/08, the potential winner will be contacted by mail, and within ten (10) days of postmark, potential winner(s) correctly complete and execute the following documents, and then return them (as directed) via overnight delivery (additional documents may be required at discretion of sponsors/administrator): for winner(s): an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and where lawful, a publicity release. Failure to comply with the above-mentioned reply deadline (or the return of a prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to the prize, in which case, the prize will be awarded to the next runner-up.
8. Release: by participating in this contest and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees that the sponsors/administrator, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of the sponsor's/administrator's officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by participant/winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in this contest or participation in any contest or prize-related activity. By participating in this contest and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the sponsors/administrator, the right in perpetuity to use winner's/participant's name, picture/portrait, likeness, voice, statements, submitted descriptive information (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, or modified, as solely determined by sponsors/administrator) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the world wide web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Sponsors/administrator shall have the right to use, assign, edit, modify or dispose of the entry however they see fit without the approval of participant/winner. And by entering, the entrant agrees that all rights, title, and interest that an entrant and/or winner now has or may in the future have in his/her entry is unconditionally assigned and transferred to sponsors/administrator.
9. Errors: sponsors/administrator are not responsible for lost, late, Illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, postage due or misdirected entries, typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of this contest, including but no limited to errors in advertising, the official rules, the selection and announcement of the winners or the distribution of the prize. Sponsors/administrator reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the contest. In the event that any legal or regulatory authority challenges the contest, sponsors/administrator reserve the right to discontinue or modify the contest, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, sponsors/ administrator shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
10. Laws: subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
11. Winner list: a winner's list will be available from about or around 10/10/08 to 12/02/08 by sending a SASE to: "Fantasy Photo Challenge" contest winner list, KONIG Wheels Inc. 121 Express St. Plainview, NY. 11803
NSX-R V6 NA motor produces 280ps. R34 GTR inline 6, twin turbo motor produces 280ps. RX-7(FD), rotary turbo motor produces 280ps. I don't miss type it. Different company cars, different motors produce same horse power in Japan. Why? Because Japanese government enforced one regulation for Japanese car companies until 2004 which was the 280 ps regulation. Japanese government afraid the drivers make over speed on the street and make traffic accident that's why Japanese government didn't permit for selling over 280 ps cars as enforcing the 280 ps regulation. But Japanese government didn't enforce the 280 ps regulation for any imported cars. Why 280 ps? Because Nissan 300ZX (Z32) in 1990 was producing 280 ps and was top horse power car in Japan. The 280 ps regulation started in 1990. That's why Japanese government decided 280 ps was maximum in 1990. If Z32 produced 300 ps, may be it would be 300 ps regulation. In 1993, Japanese government would reconsider 280 ps regulation but the number of car accident had been increasing and Japanese car companies were focusing mini vans and SUV in 1993. That's why the 280 ps regulation didn't make trouble for any Japanese car companies at that time. After 2001, the 280 ps regulation was an obstruction to sell cars in high class cars market. The traffic accidents had been decreasing because the cars have safety devices and Japanese government and any Japanese car companies were thinking about the world standard that's why Japanese government abolished the 280 ps regulation in 2004. Now, any engineers of Japanese car companies don't need think about the 280 ps regulation that's why super sport cars are coming to Japanese and USA car market. The first and second one are Lexus IS-F and R35 GT-R. IS-F produce 423ps and R35 GT-R produce 480 ps (Japanese spec). I can't wait to drive Lexus LS-F and next generation NSX. Maybe they will produce over 500 ps? I welcome go up horsepower but I don't welcome go up gas price.www.myspace.com/oted15
This month's theme is 'Web sites sure to peeve our hard-line reactionary totalitarian feminist copy editor.'"
The Male Chauvinist Staff
On reviewing race queen Internet sites. ("Cyber Street," Super Street, August 1998)
Hot Audio On The Horizon
Pioneer Electronics has just launched a ton of new gear for you audiophiles, including this hot nav unit that not only features basic features like Bluetooth and iPod connectivity (Can you believe this is basic? Who remembers auto-reverse?), but can connect to MSN Direct to receive real time traffic, weather, gas pricing and movie time info. To see all the latest inaudio sex, check out www.pioneer-usa.com.
Japan welcomed one of its biggest drift heroes back to the circuit when Nobuteru "NOB" Taniguchi announced his return to the Japanese D1 series after a two-year break. He's teaming up once again with HKS to slide the 600-horsepower HKS/Yokomo Racing Performer IS220-Z and IS220-R Altezza drift cars, which are reconditioned track cars from HKS' stable of performers. Could we see NOB at a round of Formula D? Our fingers are double crossed!Source: www.noonebetter.co.jp; www.hksusa.com
RAYS Japan opens a new private office in Japan. Shocking! Local reports say that this is actually a private retreat/massage house for Mackin big dog, Eddie Lee. If that's the case, we demand a "private" tour of the facilities.
USA Launches Second Retail OutletAfter the success of its first store in the U.S. market in Stanton, CA, the Japanese mega auto parts/service outlet Super Autobacs has opened up shop again with their second location in the Los Angeles area. Fitted with 12 service bays to handle your general maintenance or aftermarket needs, Super Autobacs reps and service mechanics can do the job. There are tons of products carried at Super Autobacs, from billions of JDM air fresheners to GReddy exhausts; if you can name it, they probably stock it. The address for this location is: 1480 N. Azusa Ave., Suite B, Covina, CA 91722.Source: www.autobacsusa.com, 626.967.7744
Our August '98 Issue
Well, well, how about that? Make monster power. The world was shocked when Skunk2-then known as Skunkworks (please don't sue us, Lockheed)-launched its first all-motor Integra, a former road racing car, into the 12-second range (it later became the first to dance into the 10s and 9s). HKS ran 8s in its R32 dragger and we treated random Super Street readers to a totally awesome prize package of (drum roll): Dunkin' Donuts. Yep, a whole dozen even. It's time to bring back the Super Street Prize Patrol, we thinks.