Thank you for being a valued member of turbomagazine.com online community. Starting August 26th, we will be upgrading your user account with the ultimate goal of providing you with the best possible viewing, sharing, and commenting experience possible. We think you're going to like the coming changes and we hope you'll bear with us as we make them.
With the new system, you can:
- Post comments in real-time for everyone to see, and have a live discussion right on our site.
- Easily format your post to express your opinions with rich text like bold, italic, lists, and more.
- Click or Type "@" in the comment box to tag users in the conversations and your friends from Facebook or Twitter. Personalize the message you share to their wall or send in an @reply to include them in the discussion.
- Links containing "http" will automatically be hyperlinked; YouTube videos, Flickr images, and other media from across the Web will automatically be embedded in the comment stream, playable inline and all.
- Share your comment to Facebook and Twitter clicking the icons next to the "Post Comment As" button.
- If you hover over the time-stamp, you'll reveal a few options: delete your comment, "flag" other comments as Offensive, Spam, Off-topic, or Disagree, and share any comment to Facebook and Twitter or get the permalink to the comment.
- See that little notifier pop-up in the right hand corner? That is a live update of new comments on the page, displaying the user's comment and avatar. Your view won't move until you click on the bubble, which scroll and reveal the new comments.
After the process is complete, you will be able to use a single user account to comment in the forums and articles. This is the first step in a process toward an all-new, site-wide system.
You can see more details here.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we update your account to improve your login, sharing, and commenting experience.
Feel free to comment on this post directly with your questions and concerns. Our implementation team will be monitoring it closely.
The turbomagazine.com team