BMW M Laptimer Details:
- Available for download at the iTunes store for BMW vehicles
- Tracks various activity such as lap times, top speed and brake/throttle pressure
- No need for pre-installed track map data
- Comparison Mode allows you to share data with others
- Social Media integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share results
BMW has announced the official release of the all-new BMW M Laptimer App. The app is available for download at the iTunes store for BMW brand vehicles. What can you use the app for? Well, if you want to take your track-ready M to the nearest closed circuit the app will collect various comparative data such as: Lap times, top speed, best lap time, ambient temperature and where on track you apply brake and throttle pressure.
Since this is an app, there is no need for pre-installed track map data. It automatically tracks all of your activity and car readings and allows you to zoom in and out, rewinds or fast-forward through track recordings. Users can also view individual or dual runs in real time via the Comparison Mode. Laps can be compared against other BMW drivers or shared with friends and results can be posted via social media (integration with Facebook and Twitter is available).
Check out the video demonstrating just how track-ready a BMW can be.