- Jaguar to produce coupe version of breakthrough new F-TYPE sports car
- F-TYPE Coupe to make its global debuts at L.A. and Tokyo Motor Shows
The Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe will make its global debut on November 19 at a Los Angeles VIP customer and media event, the eve of the Los Angeles Auto Show, and on the show floor on November 20 at the Los Angeles and Tokyo Motor Shows.
The all-aluminum F-TYPE Coupe range will deliver in production form the uncompromised design vision of the Jaguar C-X16 concept, and will complement the existing F-TYPE Convertible, winner of the 2013 'World Car Design of the Year' award. The F-TYPE Coupe will go on sale in North America in spring 2014.
Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar, said, "The excitement generated when we revealed the C-X16 concept was terrific; so to now be on the cusp of what I can assure you will be a drama-filled reveal event in Los Angeles for F-TYPE Coupe is a very significant moment."
"We've been overwhelmed by the positive reaction to the F-TYPE Convertible, but for me the purity of creating a sports Coupe is a uniquely satisfying process - and I know that both visually and dynamically, F-TYPE Coupe raises the bar yet again."
Watch the world's most dynamic car reveal here: Jaguar LA live broadcast and be a part of the conversion online: #FTYPECOUPE.
- F-TYPE Coupe will go on sale from spring 2014.
- The F-TYPE Coupe reveal event will begin at a Los Angeles location at 7:00pm PST on November 19 (3:00am GMT on November 20). View the live webcast here: Jaguar LA live broadcast.
- F-TYPE Coupe will make its debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show on November 20; the Jaguar Land Rover press conference begins at 10:00am PST (18:00 GMT on November 20).
- F-TYPE Coupe will be presented at the Tokyo Motor Show on November 20, the Jaguar Land Rover press conference begins 12:15 JST.
- The original Jaguar C-X16 concept made its world debut at the Frankfurt motor show in September 2011. This concept was the inspiration behind the F-TYPE Coupe.
- The F-TYPE Convertible range was unveiled at the Paris auto show in September 2012 and consists of three models, the V6-powered F-TYPE (340HP) and F-TYPE S (380HP), and the 495HP F-TYPE V8 S.