Woodcliff Lake, NJ - MINI is expanding its product family with the launch of a model geared squarely to maximizing driving fun. The MINI Coupe indulges the keen driver with a level of agility unmatched in the small car segment, along with a unique body and interior concept and the brand's customary commitment to premium levels of quality and equipment.
The first two-seater in its line-up sees MINI not only breathe new life into its successful racing history but also provide a shot in the arm for the super-compact sports car class. The selection of engines, chassis set-up, weight distribution and aerodynamic properties of the MINI Coupe are all focused on delivering optimum performance. As a result, the new car radiates the brand's hallmark go-kart feeling with a whole new depth of intensity and achieves the best performance statistics ever recorded by a volume-produced MINI... it is the fastest-accelerating MINI ever and has the highest top speed.
The latest generation of four-cylinder petrol engines.
The MINI Coupe can be ordered with the most powerful petrol engines in the brand's arsenal. Outputs range from the 121 hp of the MINI Cooper Coupe, to MINI Cooper S Coupe (181 hp), all the way up to the MINI John Cooper Works Coupe, a thoroughbred athlete producing 208 hp.
The ultimate in go-kart feeling.
A level of chassis quality that is unmatched in the small car segment gives the new MINI Coupe the handling flair you would expect from the brand. The precise Electric Power Steering, the standard-fitted DSC stability control system, powerful brakes and measures designed specifically to optimize torsional rigidity ensure the MINI Coupe driver can enjoy the ultimate in go-kart feeling. Distinctive roof form, optimized aerodynamics, impressive storage space.
Its flat silhouette and innovative "helmet roof" lend the MINI Coupe a sporty and individual allure. In addition to the integral roof spoiler, an active rear spoiler optimizes airflow at higher speeds.
Helped by its extremely high-opening tailgate and large luggage area with through-loading facility, the MINI Coupe displays outstanding versatility in day-to-day driving, when transporting leisure items or sports gear, and travel bags for trips.
At A Glance.
MINI gives the small car segment another fascinating injection of variety with the presentation of the first two-seater in the brand's current model range. The MINI Coupe represents the faithful transposition of the brand's sporting DNA into a cutting-edge vehicle with a new interpretation of the super-compact sports car class; unrivalled handling agility and the best performance figures of any model in the MINI line-up; innovative design with a distinctive "helmet roof" form and optimized aerodynamic properties; a wide-opening tailgate and large, variable-use luggage area ensuring extensive versatility.
Latest generation of four-cylinder engines; most powerful petrol units in the MINI range; engine technology underpinned by the development expertise of the BMW Group / derived directly from motorsports; six-speed manual gearbox fitted as standard, six-speed automatic optional for MINI Cooper S Coupe and MINI Cooper Coupe.
A chassis set-up, weight balance and body structure geared squarely to providing unbeatable driving fun gives the car's go-kart feeling unrivalled depth; Electric Power Steering and DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) as standard, DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) with EDLC (Electronic Differential Lock Control) optional (standard on MINI John Cooper Works Coupe); innovative pedestrian protection systems and measures to enhance body rigidity shift the car's weight balance slightly further forward, giving the front-wheel-drive MINI Coupe optimized traction; agility and safety boosted by increase in torsional rigidity using carefully targeted, model-specific strengthening elements.
First "three-box" MINI with strikingly stepped rear end in the classic style of a Gran Turismo; sporty, flat Coupe silhouette; sits a full inch lower than MINI Hardtop; new, faithful expression of the hallmark MINI design language; distinctive "helmet roof" with integral roof spoiler; first MINI with an active rear spoiler to optimize airflow at higher speeds; rear spoiler extends automatically at 80 km/h (50 mph).
Strict two-seater concept with extended stowage and loading capacity behind the driver and passenger seats; large, variable-use luggage area; large through-loading facility into the passenger compartment; wide and extremely high-opening tailgate makes loading easier.
MINI John Cooper Works Coupe:
- 1.6-liter four-cylinder petrol engine with twin-scroll turbocharger and direct injection, plus numerous technological details carried over directly from motorsports.
- Displacement: 1,598 cc
- Output: 208 hp at 6,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 192 lb-ft at 1,850 - 5,600 rpm (207 lb-ft with Overboost at 1,700 - 4,500 rpm)
- Acceleration: 0-60 mph: 6.1 seconds
- Top speed: 149 mph
- Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 7.1 liters per 100 kilometers (US EPA estimates not yet available.)
- CO2 emissions: 165 g/km
MINI Cooper S Coupe:
- 1.6-liter four-cylinder petrol engine with twin-scroll turbocharger, direct injection and fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group's VALVETRONIC technology.
- Displacement: 1,598 cc
- Output: 181 hp at 5,500 rpm
- Max. torque: 177 lb-ft at 1,600 - 5,000 rpm (192 lb-ft with Overboost at 1,700 - 4,500 rpm)
- Acceleration: 0-60 mph: 6.5 seconds
- Top speed: 142 mph
- Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 5.8 liters per 100 kilometers (US EPA estimates not yet available)
- CO2 emissions: 136 g/km
MINI Cooper Coupe:
- 1.6-liter four-cylinder petrol engine with fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group's VALVETRONIC technology.
- Displacement: 1,598 cc
- Output: 121 hp at 6,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 118 lb-ft at 4,250 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-60 mph: 8.3 seconds
- Top speed: 127 mph
- Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 5.4 liters per 100 kilometers (US EPA estimates not yet available)
- CO2 emissions: 127 g/km