Yokohama Tire Corporation has expanded its nationwide grassroots consumer programs in 2011 by participating in 18 car shows and car club events, including the upcoming Z1 Nationals, Porsche Parade, Goodguys Chicago Nationals, Corvette Funfest and BMW Oktoberfest.
“Grassroots car events are excellent venues to interact with enthusiasts about our tires,” said Chet Plewacki, Yokohama consumer product manager. “They are excited to find out about the latest in performance and technology, and that’s what Yokohama is all about. They can learn firsthand about all our products, including our ultra high-performance ADVAN Neova® AD08 and AVID ENVigor®, which has been dubbed the ‘grand performance’ tire.”
Among the remaining 2011 grassroots events on Yokohama’s calendar are:
• The Porsche Club of America’s (http://parade2011.pca.org/) 56th annual Porsche Parade in Savannah, Georgia, July 31-August 6, features a Concours, a TSD rally and an autocross, among other events. Yokohama’s orange oil race slick, the ADVAN® ENV-R2™ – the official tire of the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge race series – will be on display.
• Goodguys 5th Peak Chicagoland Nationals (http://www.chicagolandnats.com/) will be held August 12-14 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois. The event features hot rods, customs, classics, street machines, muscle cars and trucks, with an autocross, cruises and manufacturer exhibits.
• The Corvette Funfest (http://corvettefunfest.com/), September 16-18 at Mid America Motorworks in Effingham, Illinois, celebrating enthusiasts’ passion for Corvettes. Events and activities include a Thursday evening fun run road tour and downtown party, technical seminars, plus Saturday evening entertainment.
• The Z Nationals (http://www.znationals.com/), September 23-25, at the Z1 Motorsports Facility in Carrollton, Georgia is a huge gathering of 350Z-370Z, G35/37, 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 300ZX vehicles with a track day, “shine and show” and dyno competition.
• The weeklong BMW Oktoberfest (http://www.bmwccaofest.org/) is at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Alabama, October 10-16. Plewacki said BMW car club enthusiasts are some of Yokohama’s biggest supporters, and Oktoberfest is the BMW Car Club Association’s largest national gathering.