The problem with insider info is that it’s insider. And someone inside never wants to reveal their name, so, through some digging, we’ve found this source might actually be credible but of course have no proof. If anything, it’s interesting, and previous news from this source has proven to be truthful.
So here’s some possible news on the Audi’s RS line.
The source is apparently from Audi HQ in Germany, posting on an Audi forum under the name Quisha.
So what do you think, fact or hearsay?
“- The upcoming 3rd Audi RS6 generation will only be available as estate wagon aka. the Avant.
- Due to missing marketing opportunities, the Audi RS 6 Avant will not be offered in the USA
- There will be an Audi RS7, sharing the drive concept with the Audi RS6 Avant
- 0-60mph under 4sec
- The Audi RS 7 WILL BE OFFERED in the USA - the Audi RS 7 will be introduced first
- Interested in seeing the Audi RS 7 live? Get your NAIAS (North American International Auto Show) tickets now
- Last but not least, it is in consideration to make all options available to the US Market. This would include the Ceramic Brakes as well as the revised speed limiter, wheel options up to 21" etc… Technical details, numbers are a no no... please understand. ...but you will not be disappointed.
PS: the Audi RS 5 Convertible is on schedule for the US Market as well
PPS: please note the chances for a Audi RS 6 Avant limited Edition (500 ) for the US Market has never been better than today. BUT AoA needs to hear you!”