In This Issue We’ve Covered All You Need To Know About Keeping Your Valuable Wheels In Top Condition. We’ve Looked At The Importance Of Regular Cleaning As Well As The Dangers Of Using The Wrong Products On Delicate Surfaces.
Since we’d gone into so much detail, the guys at Meguiar’s wanted offer greater encouragement for you to read it since wheel-related issues are the most common questions on their telephone hotline and online forums.
As an incentive for you, Meguiar’s have given us three great prizes for this simple competition. All you have to do is read the story, visit http://www.meguiars.com and you’ll be able to answer our questions correctly.
The Grand Prize is laid before you. It features all the latest products to get your wheels and tires gleaming, not matter what you have.
Not only does it include a wheel cleaner but there’s also the Wheel Polishing Kit, cleaning compound, polish, wax and microfiber towels to apply it. Then there’s Brake Dust Barrier to keep the wheels clean for longer, and Tire Gel to dress up the rubber.
As you’d expect, Second and Third prizes offer slightly fewer products to the Grand Prize, but it’s still a spectacular package for somebody who’s proud of their wheels.
Special note: Meguiar’s wheel cleaner will be provided with each prize, but whether its Hot Wheels Chrome, All Wheel & Tire or Aluminum Cleaner is up to you. Tell us which is best for your wheels and Meguiar’s will provide it. After all, we don’t want you to damage your finish with the wrong product. Meguiar’s All Wheel & Tire appears in the photos but only as a reference.
How To Enter
To win one of the Meguiar’s wheel cleaning kits, correctly answer the questions below. The correct entries will be collected and the first, second and third prizes will be awarded at random. If nobody answers all the question correctly, we will choose the readers who comes closest.
The prize awarded to the winners will be the three kits of Meguiar’s wheels care products. Please specify which wheel cleaner you require when entering.
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. Contest open to ages 18 and older who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Contest begins 7/3/12 and ends 9/3/12. To enter, send your answers to email@example.com with “Meguiar’s Contest” as the subject, or european car c/o Meguiar’s Contest, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 with your name, address, phone number, email address plus the correct answers and your choice of Meguiar’s Wheel Cleaner product for your wheels. One entry per envelope. Entries will be judged by the correct answers to the questions. One grand prize, second prize and third prize will receive the Meguiar’s products listed above. No cash alternative is available. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. All entrants are bound by the full rules, which can be found online at europeancarweb.com
1. What year did Frank Meguiar Jr make his first bottle of furniture polish?
2. Name the TV show Barry Meguiar hosts
3. Which is the strongest type of Wheel cleaner: Chrome, All Wheel or Aluminum?
4. What is the pH of water?
5. Is pH3 acidic or alkaline?
6. How long should you leave wheel cleaner on your wheels?
If your entry is chosen as a winner, which wheel cleaner is best for you? (choose one)
● Hot Wheels Chrome ● All Wheel & Tire ● Aluminum Cleaner
City State Zip:
Meguiar’s Wheel Cleaning Products Sweepstakes Rules
1. Introduction: Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of european car Magazine (“Sponsor”) is offering the Meguiar’s Wheel Cleaning Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be 18 years of age as of July 3, 2013 and a resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 p.m. P.T. on July 3, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. P.T. on, September 3, 2012.
4. How to Enter: Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes by reading the article in the September 2012 issue of european car Magazine concerning Meguiar’s Wheel Cleaning and correctly answering the series of questions pertaining to the article along with your name, address, e-mail, and date of birth to european car c/o Meguiar’s Contest, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 or e-mail your entry to eurotuner.com with “Meguiar’s Contest” in the subject line. Entrants that have answered all questions correctly will be entered in a random drawing. Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes only once. More than one entry from any person or e-mail address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address. Sponsors may also ask optional questions. Completion of these questions is not required to enter the Sweepstakes.
5. Drawing: This Sweepstakes will have one (1) drawing and three (3) winners. The entrants selected as potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. The potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from all entries received on or before the entry deadline. The drawing will be conducted on or about Monday, September 10, 2012, by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail or mail on or about September 17, 2012. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all entries received.
6. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, Ultimate Liquid Wax, Endurance Tire Gel, Hot Rims Break Dust Barrier, Wheel Polishing Kit, two Supreme Shine Microfiber packs (3 pack), and Wheel Cleaner ($129.90 retail value); one (1) Second Prize Winner will win Meguiar’s Endurance Tire Gel, Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, Wheel Polishing Kit, two Supreme Shine Microfiber packs (3 pack), and Wheel Cleaner ($72.94 retail value); and one Third Prize Winner will win Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, Wheel Polishing Kit, and Wheel Cleaner ($48.97 retail value) for a total of three (3) exclusive winners. Total ARV of all prizes: $251.81. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will provide a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: Potential winners and any guests who will share in the prize will each be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
8. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winners List: A list of prizewinners will be available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope after December 17, 2012 to european car Maguiar’s Wheel Cleaning Sweepstakes - c/o Source Interlink Magazines, LLC, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 attn: Legal.
11. Sponsor(s): The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of european car Magazine), whose address is 831 South Douglas St., El Segundo, CA 90245.