Mobil 1 announced today a new Racing oil that comes in 0W-20 and 0W-30 weights. They are fully synthetic motor oils specifically designed to maximize horsepower in a wide range of race engine applications.
The oil technology has been developed using Mobil's extensive experience in automotive racing series around the world, such as Formula 1, NASCAR, Le Mans, IRL, NHRA, Formula 3, SCCA GT and ALMS. From the variety of demands that each racing series requires, it has helped Mobil to meet different extreme conditions on the racetrack.
The formulations utilize low viscosity synthetic base oils and high levels of anti-wear components to help maximize power output while not sacrificing engine protection. This helps deliver performance and protection for the most demanding race conditions, including circle track, drag, sprint and road racing.
Here is a brief list of features and benefits:
* Boosted levels of anti-wear protection (nominal phosphorus level of 1800 ppm), well beyond those of typical automotive engine oils.
* Fully synthetic, latest generation, low viscosity racing technology.
* Provides exceptional high-temperature protection in high-RPM engine operation, even at temperatures up to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
* Not recommended for street use.
* 0W-20 and 0W-30 are both designed to maximize power during race conditions. 0W-20 is particularly well suited as a qualifying oil.
Mobil 1 Racing oils will be available at a new online store in Spring 2009.