Maybe we’re crazy, but ’tis the season of giving. So here at eurotuner we’ll be sending new GoPro HD Hero Motorsports video cameras to three lucky readers. If you’re a Euro enthusiast who loves driving your car through the canyons or twisties, or maybe you’re a more serious driver and push your car to the limits at the track, the GoPro HD camera is a must-have companion. We’ve used the first-gen GoPro cameras on multiple occasions.
We had one when we drove the new Mk6 GTI in France, for example - you can see it online at eurotuner.com. There’s also footage from AutoXtreme’s 10sec quarter-mile pass in its Mk3 Golf at Waterfest on the site. This camera is the ultimate accessory for any enthusiast and we’re ecstatic to have three to give away!
Our cameras aren’t the ones you’ve seen for the past couple of years. These are the new and improved 1080p high-definition (HD) cameras. The resolution is 1920x1080, which you can scale down to 720p to get double the frames per second for smoother video or for slow-motion capability.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to use one either. Simply use the supplied suction cup and arms to achieve the perfect angle. You can position them inside the car to look at driving technique, or mount it on the outside to see the action on the road. The wide-angle lens offers 170º of vision, making the footage even more exciting. Although there are a number of accessories available, which include a different lens and other mounts.
Once it’s on the car, just set it and forget it. One button is all it takes to start filming to the memory card. If you don’t want video, the GoPro takes equally great stills in photo mode. You can capture 5-megapixel video on the fly, or configure it to shoot still photos every 2, 5 or 10 seconds. 1080p is equivalent to 2MP, so you can still grab high-quality photos from the video if needed.
New for the GoPro HD is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack, something that wasn’t around on first-gen cameras. This provides 2-3 hours of recording time.
Priced at $299, even if you don’t win the contest a GoPro would make the perfect gift for yourself or a friend. To ensure we’re giving these GoPro HD Hero Motorsports cameras to the right people, we’ve devised a contest. To enter, send us your best photo of your modifed European car, along with your name and contact information to email@example.com with ‘GoPro’ in the subject line*. You need to verify it’s your photo and car. We will then select the three best entries to receive a GoPro camera. Visit eurotuner.com for the official rules. Good luck!
*By submitting your car to eurotuner, it is understood the photo is your property to submit and that your submission may appear in print, online and in other media.
eurotuner and GoPro’s Contest Rules
1. Introduction: eurotuner (a publication of Source Interlink Magazines, LLC ) and GoPro ("Sponsors") are offering the Contest ("Contest"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be 18 as of November 17, 2009 and a resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsors, the Sponsors’ parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Enter by emailing a photo of your modified European car to firstname.lastname@example.org or eurotuner, c/o GoPro Contest, 6420 Wilshire Blvd., 9th Fl., Los Angeles, CA 90048. Entries must be received by December 15, 2009. Multiple entries are not permitted. No more than one entry per envelope can be submitted. Sponsors shall not be responsible for lost, late, mutilated or misdirected entries. Entry forms or requests that are printed by machine, mechanically reproduced, tampered with, illegible or incomplete are not eligible.
4. Prize winners will be selected by originality and creativity of the modified European car. The contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsors. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. The winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about February 28, 2009. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after March 1, 2009 to eurotuner, c/o GoPro Contest, 6420 Wilshire Blvd., 9th Fl., Los Angeles, CA 90048.
5. Three (3) grand prize winners will win a GoPro HD Here Motorsports camera (ARV $299.99). Sponsors make no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winner, but Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value.
6. All entries and requests become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsors will have the right to photograph the winner. Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. All entries must be original, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. Submission of an entry constitutes entrant’s consent (or that of their parent/legal guardian should they be a minor in their state of residence) to irrevocably assign to Sponsors any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Submission of an entry grants Sponsors and their agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
7. The winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
8. All entrants release Sponsors, their affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance or use of any prize.
9. Failure to execute and return any requested document within fourteen (14) days of postmark, or return of notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
The Sponsors of this Contest are eurotuner, a publication of Source Interlink Magazines, LLC, 6420 Wilshire Blvd., 9th Fl., Los Angeles, CA 90048 and GoPro, 2450 Cabrillo Hwy S., Suite 250, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019-8006.