Sony announced its first in-dash car navigation systems for the US market featuring technology by industry nav leader TomTom. The systems are designed to offer drivers a complete package of technology, innovation and style with some of the most advanced car audio, video and navigational technologies in market today. Both of Sony’s new systems, the XNV-770BT (7” widescreen display) and XNV-660BT (6.1” widescreen display) come pre-loaded with TomTom’s map database of both US and Canada roads, with one free year of map upgrades provided at no charge. In the US alone, TomTom maps feature more than 1 million more miles of roads than other GPS brands! Each system will also feature:
• IQ Routes™ evaluates all route options based on actual traffic speeds rather than posted speed limits, and will recommend the fastest route for the time of day
• Advanced Lane Guidance™ provides enhanced lane graphics that show which lane to take in complex multi-lane situations.
• Quick GPSfix™ automatically updates satellite locations to get the driver on their way faster
• MapShare™ from TomTom and its navigation community enables drivers to correct their maps and benefit from changes made by other drivers via your computer and the free software TomTom HOME
• More than six million points of interest including gas stations, restaurants, hotels, hospitals and more
Both new A/V systems feature rear USB-1 wire connectivity for simple hookup to iPod, iPhone and other digital music players, full Bluetooth capability and a stylish graphical user interface that includes large, easy-touch buttons. When listening to a connected device, the music playback screen will display all song metadata and album artwork. Both the new XNV-770BT and XNV-660BT A/V navigation systems will be available this November for about $1300 and $1000, respectively, at www.sonystyle.com