The free app makes car, parts and accessory shopping easy with its “My Garage” feature that allows shoppers to add vehicles from their collection or dream cars to the app.
Users can simply scan any VIN to automatically add car details including year, make and model to My Garage. From My Garage, car owners can easily shop the extensive eBay Motors inventory to find matching parts and accessories for the specific vehicles in My Garage.
Car and parts purchases are already very popular on the main eBay Mobile apps, with 90,000 parts and accessories plus 2,000 cars purchased each week globally. In 2011, eBay Mobile has seen momentum in motors shopping: Globally, the number of vehicles sold via mobile in the first quarter of 2011 increased more than 160% compared to first quarter of 2010. Furthermore, the total number of parts and accessories sold in the first quarter was nearly 250% higher than last year. While in the US, sales of vehicles in the first quarter of 2011 were 110% higher.
eBay Motors app key features:
• My Garage saves the user’s car collection and dream vehicles.
• VIN scanning adds any vehicle to My Garage. The car’s year, make and model will populate – simply hit “edit” to add additional photos and details.
• Part Finder will reveal the parts and accessories that match cars listed in My Garage.
• The app is Integrated with eBayMotors.com My Vehicles for a seamless experience online and on the iPhone.
• You can access vehicle history with free Experian vehicle history reports.
• A home screen slideshow reveals eBay Motors listings. Simply input keywords, categories, models or a price range and the slideshow will match your preferences.
• Advanced search for cars & trucks or parts helps users to find just what they are looking for.
• My eBay instant access to stay current on all your buying and selling activities.
• Share listings with your social network through Facebook, Twitter or email.
For more information on the eBay Motors app, visit mobile.ebay.com/motors or download it free from iTunes.