The Frozen Black Coupe features BMW Individual Frozen Black exterior paint with a deep metallic luster to accentuate the lines of the M3.
Extended Novillo Leather with unique red stitching is also specified, as are M3 GTS black wheels, red brake calipers and gloss-black exterior trim elements. With the Frozen Black Edition M3 Coupe, BMW is celebrating the availability of its Frozen paint colors under the custom BMW “Individual” program. MSRP for this limited edition will be $79,650 excluding $875 Destination & Handling and $1300 federal gas guzzler tax.
Only 19 of the 20 will be released initially. BMW enthusiasts can call 1-800-245-4269 no earlier than 11:30AM Eastern Time (8:30AM Pacific) on Thursday, June 16, 2011 to reserve one of these cars. The car will become available for delivery in late June 2011 through Authorized BMW Centers, with the production run completed by the end of July 2011.
The twentieth car will be held by BMW of North America and may be sold at a later date.
Each 2011 Frozen Black Edition M3 Coupe will be powered by the award-winning 414hp, 4.0-liter M V8 engine, equipped with BMW’s M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT). The included Competition Package reduces vehicle ride height by 10mm and includes M3 GTS 19” wheels (in black) with more width and offset for enhanced stability, standard Electronic Damping Control with enhanced programming, and higher-threshold programming for the M Dynamic Mode.
The special BMW Individual matte paintwork on the Frozen Black Edition adds a rare metallic luster to the vehicle. To achieve this luster in Frozen Black, a special BMW-developed silk matte clearcoat is applied over the Black Metallic base coat.
BMW Individual’s Frozen paints meet or exceed all BMW standards for durability and longevity, and feature a full factory warranty. Special care guidelines are provided to customers and authorized BMW centers to prevent the finish from becoming glossy.
The next generation M3 arrived in the 1995 model year with a 3.0-liter (and later, 3.2-liter) 240-hp inline-6 powerplant. That car began the next chapter of M3 Racing history which lasted a decade on both sides of the Atlantic. In 1997, the first M3 Sedan joined the family and the M3 Convertible followed shortly thereafter.
Frozen Black Edition M3 Coupe
• BMW Individual Frozen Black Exterior Paint
• Black Extended Novillo leather with Red Contrast Stitching on seats, headrests, door inserts, armrests, middle console, and door pulls.
• Black M3 GTS wheels, 19” diameter with high-performance summer tires
• Red brake calipers
• Gloss black kidney grilles, side-gill elements, exhaust tips
• M-DCT Transmission with Drivelogic
• Competition Package lowered suspension, sport mapping for EDC/DSC
• Premium Package 2
• Power folding, auto-dimming mirrors
• Universal garage-door opener
• Power front seats
• Carbon Leather interior trim
• Interior mirror with compass
• BMW Assist with Bluetooth
• Convenience Package
• Anti-theft alarm system
• Comfort Access keyless entry system
• Park Distance Control (rear)
• Navigation System
• iPod and USB adapter
• Real-time Traffic Information
• Heated Front Seats
• Satellite Radio with 1-year subscription
• BMW Individual Enhanced Premium Sound System