If you’re embracing the idea of alternative fuels, the biggest problem can be finding refueling stations, especially if you’re in an unknown area. So to help you, Iconosys has released four "Alternative Fuels" directory apps.
The alternative fuels listed include:
- Alcohols - ethanol and methanol
- Compressed natural gas (CNG) - natural gas under pressure
- Electricity - stored in batteries.
- Hydrogen - a type of gas
- Liquefied natural gas (LNG) - very cold natural gas
- Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) (also called propane) - hydrocarbon gases under low pressure
- Liquids made from coal
- Biodiesel - made from plant oil or animal fat
The idea behind the apps is to allow you to take your alternative energy-powered vehicle on a road trip outside the car’s typical fueling range, with the peace of mind that comes with knowing exactly where re-fueling or charging stations are located. This would provide the critical information to plan your route.”
The Iconosys' Alternative Fuels apps include the following:
- “Alternative Energy Fueling Directory” app provides information for identifying and locating fueling/charging stations
- “Where to get Biodiesel” app, for vehicles that ordinarily burn diesel fuels
- “Where to get NGV” app, for vehicles running on CNG, LNG, or LPG
- “My Plug-In Directory” app for vehicles that need electric charging stations
The apps should save you time and money by finding the most convenient fueling stations/charging points for your vehicle. They allow you to search for businesses that provide alternative fuel station locations by zip code. You can also simply drag your desired map location and it will provide specific driving directions to fueling or charging locations in your target area with Driving Directions, website addresses, facility hours and phone numbers.
By clicking on the map’s location for fueling/charging points, you can see the different deals and amenities each location is offering, such as special deals, hot food, coffee,etc.
It’s even possible to adjust the map to reveal fueling points in a particular area by adjusting a target zip code in the search button.