In a few short weeks, the Global Time Attack (GTA) series will be invading the world famous Road Atlanta racecourse in a collaboration racing weekend extravaganza with Formula Drift. Road Atlanta's Drift Atlanta event featuring Formula DRIFT consistently draws crowd's well over 20,000 Motorsport fans! This is the largest attended time attack event in the country!
Last year the Global Time Attack field was comprised of 24 time attack teams and Jeff Westphal stood out with a record-breaking lap of 1:23.628 in the GST Motorsports 2006 Subaru Impreza L. Who will beat this time in 2013? We have already confirmed a few entries from teams in California, Arizona, and even Canada that are making the trip to Road Atlanta for Global Time Attack.
Time attack your car and find out if you have what it takes! Your car will be on track in front of thousands of screaming fans, witnessing what makes time attack the most exciting up and coming motorsport discipline. You do not need an invite to compete, and registration is open to all.
Road Atlanta is a world-renowned road course and this is your chance to tackle it! GTA has a Class that fits your car. This GTA Pro Championship round will offer $10,000 in cash prizes plus much, much more in product contingency prizes. We work hard and smart to ensure that we provide the best environment for time attack racers to compete in a safe and professional manner.
WHO: Global Time Attack
WHAT: RD 1 of the 2013 GTA Pro Championship
WHEN: Friday & Saturday, May 10-11, 2013
WHERE: Road Atlanta ?5300 Winder Highway, Braselton, GA 30517
WHY: Time Attack in front of 20,000 people while competing for a piece of the $10,000 Purse!
- Unlimited AWD- $500 per entry
- Unlimited RWD (FR, MR, RR) - $500 per entry
- Unlimited FFm - $500 per entry
- Limited AWD - $500 per entry
- Limited RWD (FR, MR, RR) - $500 per entry
- Limited FF - $500 per entry
- Street AWD - $500 per entry
- Street RWD (FR, MR, RR) - $500 per entry
- Street FF - $500 per entry
- Enthusiast AWD -$350 per entry
- Enthusiast RWD (FR, MR, RR) -$350 per entry
- Enthusiast FF -$350 per entry
REGISTRATION: To sign up for RD1 of the GTA Pro Championship at Road Atlanta, click here.
PRIZE MONEY: Each GTA Pro Championship round will offer $10,000 in cash prizes plus much, much more in product contingency prizes. The GTA Pro Championship Unlimited, Limited, and Street Cars are awarded $600 to the first place winners and $200 to the second place winners. The GTA Enthusiast Class does not offer prize money, only trophies.
RULES: Major points: no wing boxes or minimum ride heights. Nitrous oxide and motorsport use only slicks are permitted in the Unlimited Class. No pro drivers in Street or Enthusiast Classes. All safety regulations adhere to the 2013 GTA CCR. GTA rules mainly list what is prohibited rather than what is allowed in an effort to encourage as much innovation as possible while still maintaining a fair playing field.
- Unlimited Class allows any DOT tire, and also allows Racing Slicks.
- Limited Class DOT-approved treaded tires with a minimum UTQG-rating of 80 or higher.
- Street Class DOT-approved treaded tires with a minimum UTQG-rating of 140 or higher. And Maximum tire width is AWD: 255, RWD: 285?
- Enthusiast Class same tire regulations as the Street Class.
TECH QUESTIONS: Questions on the rules or classes email firstname.lastname@example.org