LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK, TX
March 21, 2010
This past weekend, the AMS Nissan GT-R equipped with the AMS SR850 package went down in the record books as the first R35 GT-R to break the 9 second barrier with an ET of 9.90 seconds @ 146.9mph on its first run of the day at the TX2K10 GT-R Nationals. Later on that day it would edge that time with a 9.89. Not only was the AMS GT-R able to break into the elusive 9 second category, it did so consistently - firing off three 9 second runs back-to-back-to-back making it the world's quickest and the world's fastest R35 GT-R to date! What makes this even more impressive is the fact that the vehicle is a full weight street car running on street tires. Track conditions were not ideal, but AMS hopes to visit the track soon and go even deeper into the 9's.
Since the inception of the AMS GT-R project, the goal was to develop a line of turbo packages and parts that would add performance to the R35 platform without sacrificing the drivability and reliability of the vehicle. With stock-like spool, tremendous power gains on the dyno and consistent runs at the track, the SR850 turbo package is proving to be the benchmark in aftermarket turbo engineering.
The AMS SR850 Package will soon be available to the public and will include the following upgrades:
- AMS 90mm Cat-less Downpipes (catalytic converters available)
- AMS 90mm Resonated Mid-pipe (race version available)
- AMS 90mm Exhaust System using stock appearing tips
- AMS Upgraded Ball Bearing Turbochargers
- AMS Spec. Wastegate Actuators
- AMS Front Mount Intercooler Upgrade
- AMS 76mm Intercooler Piping (black) with HKS Blow-off Valves
- AMS High-flow Intake Piping (black) with K&N Air Filters
- AMS Spec. Upgraded Fuel Injectors
- AMS Upgraded Fuel System
- AMS Custom Race Gas Mapping