Currently circulating in Asia and Australia are counterfeit A'PEXi Auto Turbo Timers. The counterfeiters are illegally using the A'PEXi logo in order to make a quick buck. A'PEXi wants everyone to know how to spot the counterfeit products and the potential damage they can cause. Poor circuit design, incomplete programming, use of inferior materials and inconsistent manufacturing processes could lead to car malfunction, short circuits, electrical fires, electrocution and possible physical injury.
A'PEXi has released a list that offers several ways to determine if the Auto Turbo Timer is a fake or the real deal. Points 1, 9 and 10 are the most effective ways to determine if the product is real or not.
1. Case Thickness - Genuine A'PEXi Auto Turbo Timer cases have a thickness of 3/8 inches at the display area. Counterfeit ones have a thickness of 7/8 inches.
2. Wiring Harness - The genuine harness has red dots along the black, white and grey wires. The counterfeit harness does not.
3. Parts List - Genuine A'PEXi Auto Timer contains all the items listed on the parts list. The counterfeit units are missing zip ties, double-sided tape, splices and electro-taps.
4. Serial Numbers - Genuine A'PEXi Auto Timers have a serial number on the black relay box. The counterfeit Turbo Timers do not.
5. Package Height - The clear plastic box on the genuine Auto Timer is three inches tall. The counterfeit Auto Timer's package is only 2.5 inches tall.
6. Package Opening - The clear plastic box of the genuine Auto Timer opens on the sides, whereas the counterfeit Auto Timer opens on the front and back.
7. Display - On the genuine A'PEXi Auto Timer the red LED display is visibly red when powered off. On the counterfeit Turbo Timer, the display is not red when off.
8. Display Film - A genuine A'PEXi Auto Timer has no film on the display. The counterfeit Turbo Timer has a clear poly-film affixed to the display.
9. A/F Monitor - On the counterfeit Turbo Timer, the A/F function does not work. It reads 14.6 all the time.
10. Parking Brake Safety - On the counterfeit Auto Timer, the Parking Brake Safety Function does not work. If you release the handbrake, the engine will continue to idle.
For more information on how to protect yourself and what to do if you should find yourself in possession of a counterfeit A'PEXi Auto Turbo Timer visit www.apexi-usa.com.
BFGoodrich Mustang GiveawayBFGoodrich Tires, maker of The World's Hottest Street Tires has created an equally hot, custom-built Ford Mustang GT as the grand prize in a nationwide sweepstakes. BFGoodrich's "World's Hottest Mustang," was created by world-class car designer Chip Foose, star of The Learning Channel's "Rides" and "Overhaulin'," and built by Dallas-based Unique Performance.
A show-car quality paint job and custom interior with sport seats and door inserts help give the Mustang its aggressive, yet refined look. The vehicle rolls in style with Foose-designed 20-inch aluminum wheels and BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW ultra-high performance tires.
Under the hood, the Mustang is powered by 4.6-liter V-8 engine, equipped with a supercharger, fuel system upgrades, tuning software, charge cooler, supercharger oil feed and a compressor bypass valve. The upgrades provide 462 horsepower.
The Mustang features heavy-duty boxed subframe connectors, front and rear coil springs, special six-piston front calipers, high-flow catback exhaust and other additions to ensure maximum performance and reliability.
For recreation, it is equipped with a custom audio entertainment system, complete with a touchscreen stereo and navigation system, amplifiers, speakers, subwoofers and tweeters.
Log onto bfgoodrichtires.com for a chance to win the one-of-a-kind version of this American classic car. Registrants must be 18 or older and are limited to one entry per week per person until the sweepstakes ends on Dec. 31, 2005. The grand prize winner of the Mustang will be announced early in 2006.
JDM OptionJDM Option, the exciting video magazine has released three new Collectors Editions available on DVD in North America and Australia. Taking the best from the Option archives these action-packed editions feature professional voice narrations and subtitles in English to respect the original content.
Drift Like Nomuken - D1 professional driver Nomura Ken gives an attractive student Verena Mei a comprehensive lesson in the art of drifting. Verena Mei, a fully-sponsored U.S. female driver, has her heart set on competing in the D1 series. With the help of Nomuken, Verena will learn the skills in order to become a top D1 driver.
Midnight 200 Mph Blast underground documentary - CHIBA-KUN an unidentified speed junkie gets inside of Japan's fastest and hottest import cars and shows you the underground street scene. 200 mph ride-alongs from famous locations like the Wangan, Tomei, Bonneville, and the German Autobahn are in this high speed edition. This edition truly highlights the best high-speed footage that Option has to offer.
Legendary 300 Km/H + Top Speed Trial At Yatabe - For over 20 years, Japanese tuners have built top-speed street cars for the Yatabe Top Speed Trials. The Yatabe Automobile Lab Test Course was used as a benchmark for measuring the industry's highest performance. The speed trial was never supported by any major automobile manufacturer and was solely driven by the passion of the enthusiasts. The evolution of the machines can be seen exceeding the 200+mph barrier.
For more information, contact D's Club Inc at (949) 753-0202.
Two New Aem Ems BoxesAEM is proud to introduce its Plug & Play Programmable Engine Management System "Swap Box" for manual transmission 2001 to '04 Honda/Acura K-Series engines (excluding all Element, TSX and Accord models) and manual transmission 2001 to '04 D17A1-A2 engines. AEM offers two versions of its Plug & Play system: a base stand-alone unit or a stand-alone unit that includes a built-in wideband UEGO air/fuel controller.
AEM's infinitely adjustable software enables tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately deliver proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operating condition. AEM's Plug & Play EMS utilizes Windows-based software, which makes copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. Create easily configurable templates and Quick Keys to any pertinent information during tuning.
AEM provides a forum dedicated to its EMS program on www.aempower.com. The forum provides general technical information including an updated user manual, sensor information and usage, free software upgrades, general tuning information and platform support information. A free demo of the EMS software can also be downloaded.