SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Thousands of car lovers turn to eBay Mobile to shop for cars, parts and accessories. With today's launch of the new, free eBay Motors iPhone app, U.S. car owners and automobile enthusiasts now have a tailored mobile shopping experience that allows them to bid on or buy anything from rare parts to the latest in demand sports car - virtually anytime, anywhere.
The free eBay Motors iPhone app makes car and parts and accessories shopping easy with its "My Garage" feature that allows shoppers to add vehicles from their collection or dream cars to the app. Users can simply scan any Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to automatically add car details including year, make and model to My Garage. From My Garage, car owners can easily shop the extensive eBay Motors inventory to find matching parts and accessories for their specific vehicles in My Garage.
"The eBay Motors iPhone app allows users to scan a VIN, add a car to My Garage to surface parts and accessories that fit their cars - making car shopping easy and personalized," said Steve Yankovich, eBay's vice president of mobile. "Motors purchases are already very popular on the main eBay Mobile apps with 90,000 parts and accessories and 2,000 cars purchased per week globally."
In 2011, eBay Mobile has seen momentum in motors shopping across the globe:
- Globally, the total amount of vehicles sold via mobile in the first quarter of 2011 increased more than 160% compared to first quarter of 2010.
- Globally, the total number of parts and accessories sold in the first quarter of 2011 was nearly 250% higher than the first quarter of 2010.
- In the U.S., sales of vehicles in the first quarter of 2011 were 110% higher than sales in the first quarter of 2010.
- A $369,000 Porsche Carrera GT was the most expensive car sold. *
- California, Florida, Texas, New York and Pennsylvania are the top states for car purchases.
- For more information, please refer to the eBay Motors Goes Mobile infographic.
eBay Motors iPhone App Key Features:
- My Garage feature saves shoppers' car collection and dream vehicles.
- VIN scanning quickly adds any vehicle to My Garage, using scanning technology powered by RedLaser. The car's year, make and model will populate - simply hit "edit" to add additional photos and details.
- Part Finder will surface the parts and accessories that match cars listed in My Garage.
- Integrated with eBayMotors.com My Vehicles for a seamless My Garage experience online and on the iPhone.
- Access vehicle history information with free Experian AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports.
- Customized home screen slideshow surfaces eBay Motors listings. Simply input keywords, categories, models or a price range and the slideshow will match shoppers' preferences - whether it is sports cars, classic hot rods or even minivans!
- Save searches tailored to vehicles interested in or owned - any eBay listing can be saved to My Garage Dream Vehicles.
- Ask Seller Question option in every listing to contact the car owner or dealer directly.
- Photo galleries in each listing allow users to view dozens of seller photos to see cars inside and out.
- Advanced search for cars & trucks or parts helps users to find just what they are looking for.
- My eBay instant access to stay current on all your buying and selling activities.
- Share listings with your social network through Facebook, Twitter or email.
For more information on the eBay Motors iPhone app, visit, mobile.ebay.com/motors. To download the app for free, visit the Apple iTunes® store, only available in the U.S.