When undertaking an engine build of this level, there is always some sort of hurdle. Add into the equation the use of newly developed parts and you'll definitely find surprises. In this installment, we initially planned on featuring the balance and assembly of the block, but we ran into some problems of our own. However, it would be an injustice to you, as the reader, to make every job seem like a cakewalk (like certain TV shows that start with Horsepower). Due to the tight schedule of our build, we wanted to give you the reality of our problems and what we did to get through them. Blueprinting and building engines isn't an easy undertaking and should never be taken lightly. In this installment we are going to go over the importance of pre-fitting components and balancing the rotational mass of the engine assembly.
Progress is the most important part of any build/project. Even with these roadblocks, we were still able to do what we needed to move forward. This goes back to what we've been stressing from the beginning: be meticulous. From here, we'll be sending out any component with a friction surface to WPC for treating and assembling the motor. Be on the lookout for the next installment of our 750hp KA24DE(T).