• Molded 9.5/32-inch tread depth.
• Two distinct tread patterns helpprovide excellent wet and dry performance.
• Large outer shoulder blocks and continuous intermediate/center ribs help increase steering response and improve stability.
• Wide circumferential grooves and lateral notches help channel water and minimize aquaplaning in deep standing water.
• Two different tread compounds (hybrid silica/carbon black compound at the outer shoulder meeting with a high-silica compound on the inside shoulder) also help provide excellent wet and dry performance.
• Structure features two high-tensile, lightweight steel cord belts reinforced by Aramid/nylon filaments to offer improved steering response while improving ride quality and durability.
The Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 leads the way in the ultra-high-performance category. The performance and quality is top notch, as evidenced by many of the world's top sports car manufacturers selecting this tire as OEM equipment, including (but not limited to) the Porsche GT3 and the Mercedes McLaren SLR. With the PS2 you can expect excellent performance in both dry and wet conditions, coupled with civilized ride quality and low noise.
Here's what our test driver Andrew Wojteczko had to say:
"I am very impressed with the Michelin PS2 on the G35 coupe. Cornering power is very high and the tire communicates well at the limit. The tire breaks traction predictably, which is a very important characteristic that is hard to quantify on the skidpad or during braking tests. Steering feel is very precise and response is immediate yet ride quality has remained high. Road noise is also minimal, making this tire well suited for the daily commute while still offering excellent performance for spirited drives on your favorite backroad.
"While the dry tire performance was fantastic, the wet weather performance really took me by surprise. This tire really does offer excellent performance in wet weather conditions, even with standing water on the surface. Once again, the tire breaks grip predictably but at a very high level, inspiring confidence in less-than-ideal conditions."